Saturday, December 14, 2013

Messi loses out to Del Potro in Argentina

Juan Martin Del Potro, Argentina
Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi might have been delegated world footballer of the year four times, however in his local Argentina its tennis goliath Juan Martin del Potro who is top dog. 

World number five Del Potro, the 2009 Us Open champion, defeated Messi to claim Argentina's Sportsman of the Year recompense at the Sporto Argentino Festival. 

"I am extremely cheerful to have appropriated the Gold Prize of Clarin," del Potro composed on his Facebook page. 

"It was an extraordinary year, much superior to I anticipated. I was there, battling regardless. The primary thing is I feel exceptionally near the highest point of the planet once more. I'm as of now taking a gander at next season." 

Del Potro won four titles in 2013 and was runner-up at the Indian Wells and Shanghai Masters. 

He likewise made the semi-finals at Wimbledon, losing a five-set epic to Novak Djokovic in the longest men's last-four crash taking into account the competition.

On December 14, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment